Happy Wednesday! Can you believe we’re more than half way through February? I’m not mad about it considering we’re one month closer to warmer weather and summertime in Chicago! Anyway, let’s get to today’s post shall we? Remember a while back when I raved about my hair experience with George the Salon in the Gold Coast? I’m SO excited to announce that they just unveiled their very own, Signature Citrus Crushed Pearl Massage and it is nothing short of AMAZING. This luxurious massage features crushed freshwater pearls and blends of lime, mandarin and lemon oils.
The massage treatment is led by seasoned massage therapist, Maggie Klasa, who has 15 years of experience under her belt. Maggie made me feel comfortable and more importantly, relaxed throughout the entire message. I really appreciated that she made sure to check in with me at various points throughout the massage to see if the pressure was to my liking.
Let me walk you through the massage experience from start to finish.
PS. I don’t blame you if you stop halfway through the post to call and book your own massage with Maggie.
1. To begin, Maggie used fresh infused essential oils and a lime blossom body scrub to exfoliate my skin. This speeds up the skin renewal process, which allows new healthy skin cells to regenerate.
2. Soft, hot towels and compressions were then applied. This was a perfect addition to my massage as Chicago hasn’t seen a warm day since October.
3. Now for the actual massage: What I loved most about the full body massage was that Maggie customized it to meet my specific needs. Tension relief and relaxation was what the doctor ordered and Maggie did not miss anything. She made sure to explain the health benefits of my massage and how massages in general can help with the following:
- reduce stress and fatigue
- relax and unwind sore muscles and the mind
- increase circulation
- normalize blood pressure
- brighten mood
- boost immune function
- foster sound sleep
4. Maggie continued with a deep massage of a citrus fresh essential oil blend of orange, tangerine, mandarin, and grapefruit.
5. Finally (my favorite part), the luxurious crushed pearl body cream is applied to the back, hands and feet. I’m not kidding when I say, this cream smelled absolutely AMAZING, I wanted to lather my entire body in it (oh wait she did)! The crushed pearl cream is formulated with nourishing oils and crushed freshwater pearls and I want my own personal bottle for daily use!
How beautiful is the artwork inside the waiting area?