Hi everyone! I swear, the more I visit wine country, the more I believe it truly is the adult version of Disney World. I promised myself while writing this post, that I would keep my PSA about why you need to take a trip to Napa (ASAP) to a minimum – but if you read part one to my guide to wine country here, it’s impossible to not give you all the details!
Almost a year to the day, I was lucky enough to get back to Napa to celebrate Thanksgiving over the long weekend!
For our first trip out to Napa, we stayed at Carneros Resort & Spa. I still dream about the spectacular views from the hotel property (especially their pool). This time around, we stayed at the beautiful Hotel Yountville. Nestled RIGHT in the heart of downtown Yountville, the location of the hotel could have not been more perfect for everything we wanted to do.
Vacation pool goals, am I right?
- Bouchon Bakery – Get here early to avoid long lines!
- Ad Hoc – Make your reservation way in advance and enjoy their four-course family-style menu that changes daily.
- Mustard’s – Order their porkchop and make a reservation in advance to avoid waiting!
- Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch – The space here is so beautiful and they have a little market right next to the restaurant where I bought the best olive oil to take back to Chicago with me.
- Oxbow Market – You could easily spend a few hours here eating and drinking.
- Redd Wood – We love Redd Wood! Great service, pizza, pastas, and of course wine!
- Gott’s Roadside – Go to the St. Helena location and enjoy their outdoor space.
- Boon Fly Cafe – We loved brunch here! Make sure you order their Boon Fly famous donuts!
I loved every single winery we visited during our trip! What is so special about Napa is how unique each winery experience can be. I made sure to round up some of my favorites below that I highly recommend.
- Palmaz Vineyards – This was truly one of the best overall winery experiences I’ve ever had. Palmaz offers private tours and tastings by appointment, and I highly recommend it! Shout out to Diana for giving us an unforgettable tour.
- Newton Vineyards – The views (and wine) were wonderful here!
- Schramsberg – Fun fact of the day: the Blanc de Blancs was used for President Nixon’s “Toast to Peace” with China’s Premier Zhou Enlai. Since then, Schramsberg’s sparkling wines have been served at official State functions by every U.S. Presidential administration since!
- Raymond Vineyards – This winery was such a fun experience and not to mention, their wines were insanely good! Make sure you look into their Winemaker for a Day experience they offer!
Make sure to leave your favorite wineries in Napa or anywhere in the comments below. I’m always up for traveling for wine (HA)!